Saturday, August 15, 2020

Test Printing images

I'm going to go ahead and begin scanning to enlarge, and printing these images, to see the largest size I can print them.  I do have a feeling that the image can be enlarged by the printer, but I want to see how it would come out first.   I'll have to read the email that pixel sent me, in order to price the images.  Which is another thing I've been avoiding.


Test Prints

For fishing boat,  i set up the print in gimp, then previewed it in preview, then set the lightness to -10, with the printer on high quality
   
results,
printing through gimp, i got a large corner of the photo, although the gimp preview indicated the picture would be centered.

Previewing in preview, I got the picture centered on half a sheet of 13*19.  I also lightened it by 10, and it looks ok.  I should also try it in Iphoto.  I do believe iphoto compresses the photo though.  This print however looks good enough to get a higher resolution for uploading

Truth be told however, I'm not getting accurate color reproduction.  I've got the resolution up, but it looks green.  I just tried relative colorimetric, and going to try absolute colorimetric.  I'm using a brother scanning app.

ok, so the scan of the sepia sucks.  I'm going to have to use the computer generated sepia.  Basically reprint it.  I'll test the Iphoto sepia, and the gimp.

In Iphoto, just white balanced the pic, using the paper border, and the sepia came back.  I'll try printing a large version, to see what it looks like.

Since the iphoto seemed to crop the t...

The printer wasn't taking the paper.  Now it's night...

Then, of course the print quality was very dark, with no details in the shadows... .  I switched to high q.  Now  I'm printing from the iphoto application

I used the iphoto sepia.  and Shit.  Actually, if I was going to do that, I could have just used the gimp b/w to sepia.  Anyway,  or fixed

No comments:

Post a Comment

More practice on the east side of the moraine

 Did some more practice with the equipment. On a bright stone on the softer slope of the terminal moraine, -on the east side of the lake. A ...