Sunday, August 16, 2020

Website, Photo sampler wizard template

right now, I'm researching print, and drop shippers.  Pixels, Finerworks, are what i'm looking at.

I'd like to have a wizard that, when I upload my pictures to the website, they are automatically transferred to a 'what it would look like' format, without me having to go through and build/the photoshoots, and website data to do it.

I'd like to have a template.

So I'm starting out with just the ten pictures, then brancing out from there.

I'd like to upload those ten pics to a page, and for people to see what it would look like on their wall, and in comparison to their furnishing.  With the different options popping up.  With Pixels, this is an advantage.

In some, the printer directly takes the order, and ships it out, with others, the order is placed with the drop shipper.

Some of the things, how do I calculate costs of the various prints?  This info is provided in the

In addition, I'd like to set up both an etsy and amazon store.

I am extremely tempted to do my own printing and framing.  However, that is not this business.  I am also tempted to wait until I have a bunch more work.  That's not necessary.  At the onset, I'm a small company, off the side of the road, with only ten or so products for sale.

Finerworks doesn't have the web template, but the process is straightforward.  In fact, with finerworks, with the exception of this, I can get started.  How important is the template though?

There are several options for drop shipping.  I'm wondering why I would pay 29 a month for shopify though.   Why don't I just have a website, along with the domain?  If shopify doesn't market... If I'm largely using it as an integration platform, it seems like I could just use amazon.  I'm selling on Amazon, and I'd still have to pay for amazon, etsy, etc.

It's also appearing as though shopify would be of particular value, if you already cultivate a strong online presence, in places like facebook, instagram, etc.  and you could have your 'followers' see what it is your selling, and direct them to your site.

Amazon and etsy, and ebay are marketplaces. Seems like they do the marketing.  People go there to shop.  Look for shit.  Of course, having integration with the social sharing sites make it more valuable, but if you don't have those, and want to sell, an established marketplace may be the best option.

The integration with these marketplaces is what shopify does.

Now I need to tackle the web wizard thing.

Do i need an sku, and upc code for these photos?

For amazon, i'll need to apply for Fine Art, or Brand Registry.  Fine art requires limited editions of 200 or less, which wouldn't be a problem, but I don't already have the prints ready.  Brand registry also doesn't require upc codes if one manufactures the items oneself, but you it seems you have to start by paying the 39.99 plan.  It doesn't seem as though one can get it oneself.

Drop, shipping, amazon

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/201808410

There is a slight possibility that it would be better to sell my work, chair on the front portch, chapel... in the fine art category, then other work, on shopify.
I could possibly sell several items on amazon, and have my shop linked to , where I sell other stuff

I'm seeing where you can buy upc codes on ebay, typically delivered within 15 minutes.

I can also apply for a gtin exemption, from amazon, check that too







No comments:

Post a Comment

More practice on the east side of the moraine

 Did some more practice with the equipment. On a bright stone on the softer slope of the terminal moraine, -on the east side of the lake. A ...