Sunday, September 6, 2020

Using a spreadsheet, csv file

 It would probably be easier to use a spreadsheet to add my product info.  That way, I could just import a spreadsheet, when I wanted to do shit, rather than go through and fill out and submit each field of product information and variation.  Probably be easier to make changes.  Right now, I've got most of the info in the file title of the piece.

for instance, had I known about using spreadsheets, I would have downloaded my shopify info as a csv file before the free trial period ended, that way I could have used this info to upload to another site.

It's also true that I didn't see this option, 'download csv file of products'.

I could also start another shopify page, just to see what happens, grab the csv info... I could do the same with squarespace.  I found out about another called, '3dcart'.  Also Builderfly.  I'm working on 3d cart right now

I should try to build sites in 3dcart and squarespace.

Squarespace has what seems to be a plugin that works with some of the templates.  The templates I'm not impressed with, and may or may not work with the plugin well, from what I'm reading, but also they cost 30 pounds english, for the basic

3dcart seems to address the issue of options and variants directly.  I'm going to try to build a quick site with options, or variants, and download a csv file.

 A good thing to do would be to set up a site as fast as I can, doing what I want to do, then deleting the site.  So before I get started on a trial, I'll see if I can delete a site.  Also, it'd be good to set up two sites with the same email, to see if starting another site after deleting a site would be possible.

Set up trialsite1
Set up trialsite 2
Delete a site (research on deleting a site)
Can I set up more than one site?  
Set up site with 3 categories,
3pictures in each category
3 variants of each picture
download csv
upload csv
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

More practice on the east side of the moraine

 Did some more practice with the equipment. On a bright stone on the softer slope of the terminal moraine, -on the east side of the lake. A ...