Friday, August 14, 2020

'l'enchanteresse du reve' tarot



I pulled some new mosaics from the 'last night drive' tape deck.  These are of a different type than the mosaics I have.  They are light and dark based, using the headlights of cars and stores.  I put one together, 'l'enchanteresse du reve' or just l'enchanteresse.  It gave me an idea of using the tarot.  I could build a based on a deck or several decks, using photoderivé.  Most of the time, tarot decks are built using collage, or illustrative art.  There have been contemporary photography based decks as well, but combining the mosaics lends it another magical air altogether. That things can be seen in the randomness at different times, from different perspective or lighting, also gives it a sense of fate.

I can of course use original art, as well as the plethora of public domain work that exists.  Complying with fair use gives me even more room

No comments:

Post a Comment

More practice on the east side of the moraine

 Did some more practice with the equipment. On a bright stone on the softer slope of the terminal moraine, -on the east side of the lake. A ...