Tuesday, August 25, 2020

sizing

I've been putting options with a start size of 11x14 image size, and I think that was wrong.   I did that because basically, I was selling 11x14 frame size pictures when I was selling prints.  But the image size in those frames varied from 5x7 to maybe 7x9.
An 11x14 image size is basically a large size print. For me and the sepia style of prints.

selling the 20x20 and larger image size prints is inaccurate.

they would more accurately be

7x9 in 11x14 frames $250

11x14
up to 11x14 (10x13) in 16x20 frames ~400
16x20 (14x18) in 20x24 frames ~$500

When I think of image size, I'm thinking of traditional photography paper sizes. Wherein the paper would go on the easel and be held in place

Now I'm wondering about paper.  Should I have multiple paper options for the same print?  It seems as though I'm putting off the decision making, and risking turning it into a.  Offering stretched canvas, I can do that, but there's different frames, etc. I would have to have the frames separate from regular frames.  It's doable, but confusing. Just two types, paper, and metal. Maybe it should just be paper.
Ok, after checking, I do believe it should be just paper.  If I want to sell it as a metal print, it'd be easier to sell it as another product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More practice on the east side of the moraine

 Did some more practice with the equipment. On a bright stone on the softer slope of the terminal moraine, -on the east side of the lake. A ...