Saturday, January 13, 2024

aperture work

 1/13/24


 I took some pictures around the pond today.  I hiked the around the south shore, up the mountain, and over the lateral moraine, then down through the swamp, over the north shore, then down the other moraine.  I cast the fishing line a few times on Addison rd.  Just mainly to get some data.  I may get another reel.  Feels like this one gets stuck.


I got some more info on my equipment needs.  If I’m going to be on the side of a mountain, with my lets spread, and in a position I want to know that my equipment is fast enough, and fits my other needs.  My distance from the subject in those cases, is close.  I want to be able to set up a tripod, and use the pan bar to get the images.


I’m learning to follow the fractures, to get a unit of language a morpheme, as I am with the striae morphemes.  Morphology is the study of word structure syntax is the study of sentence structure.


Anyway, with careful aperture  work to develop the contours of the face of the rock,  one can follow the fractures for interesting and pretty patterns.


Nevertheless, whether it’s uploading to a private folder, or using a flash drive, or both, I’ve got to map the workflow for these photographs. I’m thinking a lot of photography.


I’ve spent significant time looking at equipment.  You have to do the activity in order to know what tools you’ll need, in addition to reading up on the activity.  Fishing today was also helpful in that regard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

More practice on the east side of the moraine

 Did some more practice with the equipment. On a bright stone on the softer slope of the terminal moraine, -on the east side of the lake. A ...