Monday, June 28, 2021

emanating waves, danse aux fleurs

 

 be nice if I could suggest her toe stepping in a puddle, and blurring with light effects the world around her.

I could use the emanating waves 

I don't want to forget, and I want to keep it in the forefront, that this series, is a meeting and interplay of shape, form, and texture, to be looked at from a distance, if one can't see the details.

I like the idea of using water, like that artist used water... renoir?, the boating party?.  fuck it just took me forever, but it's monet, la grenouiller. Renoir did one too, but the monet one is the one I'm thinking about

It would be the vantage of a macro shot, with the camera inches from the ground, and her toe stepping on the water which wiggles, creating effects around her...

be tricky

be good if it'd be more of a compositional design, then perhaps suggestive only after close examination

venus

According to Hesiod, Venus had been born of the sea after the semen of Uranus had fallen upon the waters. Coming ashore in a shell she had clothed her nakedness in myrtle, and so the plant became sacred to her

 

isis afrodite

 


 back in the 13 century, isis worshjp was surpressed throughout much of europe.  Tje nubian goddess was worshipped widely.


I think I found another thing, 'make wonderful' It's a good effect. gives a glowing quality

The image is shaping up to be a 'birth of venus' apocryphal, although it more accurately an isis-afrodite sensuate, ok so these aren't teh right words, but yeah.

I'm working on themes of rebirth in the sea, and arrival to shore. I've got several examples, but it's complex work.

Of rebirth, or rennaissance, and crossing, or passing from one place or phase to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More practice on the east side of the moraine

 Did some more practice with the equipment. On a bright stone on the softer slope of the terminal moraine, -on the east side of the lake. A ...