Monday, August 17, 2020

Print pricing

I spent some time looking at the photos on the Amazon fine art page.  My work is considerably better than many, if not most.  By my estimate, I should be selling it, as museum grade archival prints, for at least $1800.  All of it.  It's possible that the quand meme series would go for more.  The work should be for $1800 to $5000.  I shouldn't drop ship the prints. I should print them myself as such.

However, that limits what they can be.  I can't have the metal prints... I don't think.  Or I could have whatever I want.  Okay, so if I sell them for 300- 400-500, and drop ship the prints, will I sell more? That's the only question.  I can always lower the price.

Or I could sell two different versions? Not sure about that.

I'll want to check some forums to see the experience of others.  And what about shopify?  My thought are that shopify doesn't cater to that audience.  In fact I'm not sure.  I do want to check around though.

You also have options like doordash, to get money quickly.  1,800

Would I be better off selling 1000 of them for 100? Having it drop shipped, etc?

I could sell the sepias for 1000+ and the derives for 50-100, drop shipped.

For Amazon, to get any deeper info, such as the requirements for handmade

So, I set up on Shopify, a website, I use one of the drop ship printers, someone with metal, acrylic and regular framed prints, I connect to Etsy, and I connect to Amazon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

More practice on the east side of the moraine

 Did some more practice with the equipment. On a bright stone on the softer slope of the terminal moraine, -on the east side of the lake. A ...